Lesson 11 – The New Birth
Notice some truths that we have already learned:
* All men have broken God’s law.
* Some have been made right with God.
* Jesus Christ is the only One who can make you right with God.
* All men are commanded to repent and believe the Gospel.
1. The Bible says, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be _______ ________, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3
The only way to have a relationship with God is by being born again.
How many times is a person born physically? _______
How many times is a person born spiritually? _______
Every physical birth is a memorable event, that only happens one time, and it always happens at a specific moment in time. The same things are true of a spiritual birth.
If you have ever been born again, you will know it. You will remember when it happened. You will remember repenting of your sins and believing on Jesus Christ. You will be able to point to the changes that God has made in your life.
2. The Bible says, “Being _____ again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the ______ of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” 1 Peter 1:23
What Book is the only Book that has the necessary information we need to know so that we can be born again? Before a man can be born again, he must hear the Word of God, understand that he has sinned by breaking God’s law, and respond by repenting and believing the gospel.
What happens at the Spiritual Birth?
3. The Bible says, “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, ____ willing that any should ________ but that all should come to ____________.” 2 Peter 3:9
God wants all men to come to repentance. The New Birth is coming to a time in your life when you have understood your sin before God, and are ready to repent before God, and turn from your sin.
4. The Bible says, “Who will have all men to be _______, and to come unto the ____________ of the truth.” 1 Timothy 2:4
God wants all men to come to the knowledge of the truth. The New Birth is coming to a time in your life when you have understood the truth of God concerning the Gospel, and have chosen to believe that truth!
5. The Bible says, “All that the Father giveth me shall come to ____; and him that _______ to me I will in no wise cast out.” John 6:37
God wants all men to come to come to Jesus Christ. The New Birth is coming to a time in your life when you have turned to Jesus and trusted in Him alone for salvation.
6. The Bible says, “For whosoever shall _____ upon the name of the _____, shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
God wants all men to call on the name of the Lord. The New Birth is coming to a time in your life when you ask Jesus Christ to forgive your sins, believing that He would save you. It means that you are willing to have Jesus Christ be in charge of your life.
7. The Bible says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a ______ creature; old things are passed away; behold, _____ things are become new.” 2 Corinthians 5:17
God wants all men to become new creatures. The New Birth is coming to a time in your life when God has made you a new person, living according to the Bible. As you look back at your old life, you can see how God has changed and transformed your life.
When were you born again?
Think about your life. One day you were born physically. One day you will die–even though you don’t know when that day is. Other things have happened in your life that are important–maybe it is the day you graduated from university, or the day you were married, or the day your first child was born. When you think about those things, you can give the exact day that it happened, because those things happened at a specific moment in time.
If you are born again, you should be able to give the exact day when it happened, because being born again also happens in a moment of time. God may be working in your life for a period of time. But when you understand the truth about what God says, and you repent of your sins and believe on Jesus, asking Him to save you, then you are at that moment born again!! It is something that you will never forget!
So, look back at your life and ask yourself these questions:
When did you come to repentance?
When did you come to the truth?
When did you come to Jesus Christ?
When did you call on Jesus Christ?
When did God make you a new person?
If you have been born again, these things happened at a specific time and place in your life. And they all happened at the same time and place. You will be able to point to that time and know when it happened. If you have never been born again, you do not have a relationship with God!
If you have questions or need help in knowing how to be born again, please contact us so we can help you.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Type out the following questions and your answers to each question. Then send to:
Summary Questions – Lesson 11
1. When did you come to fully understand the only way to be right with God (born again) was by repentance and faith (and not by your own good works)? Describe when and how this happened.
2. When you came to repentance, what changed in your thinking about your sin?
3. When you came to faith in Christ, what changed about the way you thought about salvation in Christ alone?
4. When were you born again the Bible way?
5. What question or questions do you have about being born again?
If you have a friend that would like to receive these lessons, send us an email or message to: