Lesson 10 – Ingredients of Salvation
In this lesson we will look at what we must do to come into a right relationship with God.
Jesus Christ has died for the sins of all the world, but many have never received forgiveness of their sins, because they have never obeyed the Gospel.
1. The Bible says, “Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the _________ of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: ________ ye and __________ the _________.” Mark 1:14-15
According to Mark 1:14-15, what two things did Jesus command all men to do?
2. The Bible says, “Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, _____________ toward God, and _________ toward our Lord Jesus Christ.” Acts 20:21
According to Acts 20:21, what two things did Paul testify to the Jews and the Greeks?
In order for a man to obey the Gospel, he must REPENT of his sins, and BELIEVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We will take a closer look at these two words.
How does the Bible describe Repentance?
3. The Bible says, “Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.” Job 42:6. What does the word abhor mean?
4. The Bible says, “For Godly sorrow worketh __________ to __________ not to be repented of: but the sorrow the world worketh death.” 2 Corinthians 7:10
What kind of sorrow is necessary for true repentance?
Worldly sorrow is being sorry that you are in trouble because you were caught breaking the law, and you don’t want to pay the consequences. Godly sorrow is being sorry that you have offended God and you are truly desiring to be completely changed.
If you have never experienced Godly sorrow over your sin, you have never repented before God!
5. The Bible says, “For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye _______ to God from _____ to serve the living and true God.” 1 Thessalonians 1:9
When these people repented, they turned to God from idols. True repentance will cause you to forsake your idolatry. An idol is anything we have in our life that takes the place of God. It could be money, friends, family, religion, ancestors, wrong beliefs, etc. Are you willing to turn from these things and turn to God?
6. The Bible says, “In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them ___________ to the acknowledging of the ________.” 2 Timothy 2:25
When a person repents, what does he acknowledge?
Repentance causes a person to agree with the truth of God that he is sinful and deserving of Hell, because he has broken God’s law.
What is Faith?
7. The Bible says, “What doth it profit my brethren, though a man say he hath ______, and have not _______? Can faith save him?” James 2:14
If a man says, ‘I have faith’, but he is not obeying the Word of God in his life, did he ever truly have real, saving faith?
8. The Bible says, “Even so faith, if it hath not ______, is dead, being alone.” James 2:17
Good works will not save anyone, but everyone who is saved by true faith will have good works! True faith is more than just saying that you believe. True faith will change your life.
9. The Bible says, “Thou believest that there is on e God; thou doest well: the devils also ________ and ______.” James 2:19
Who believes in, and is afraid of God? Are they saved?
The devils are not saved, even though they believe in God. True faith is more than just believing that there is a God. True faith is willing to trust completely in God. The devils do not do that, therefore they are not saved.
10. The Bible says, “So then _______ cometh by hearing, and hearing by the ______ of ______.” Romans 10:17.
Where does faith come from?
11. The Bible says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever ____________ in him, should not perish, but have ____________ life.” John 3:16
True faith is believing IN Jesus Christ. True faith is a commitment of trust in Jesus Christ, believing that He is the only One who can and will save you from your sins!
Many people want to claim to be ‘born again’, but they have never obeyed the Gospel. They have never agreed with God about their sin and desired for God to change their sinful ways. They have never committed their life to follow Jesus Christ alone!
Have you ever repented of your sin and believed the Gospel?
12. Memorize Romans 10:17
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Type out the following questions and your answers to each question. Then send to:
Summary Questions – Lesson 10
1. What two things are required of us to be right with God?
2. Explain in your own words what it means to repent of your sin.
3. Explain in your own words what it means to have faith in Jesus Christ.
If you have a friend that would like to receive these lessons, send us an email or message to: