Lesson 8 – A Relationship or Not
The Bible clearly teaches that God only sees two kind of people in the world: those who have a relationship with God, and those who do not! Which side are you on? This lesson will help you to honestly answer that question.
The Bible uses many different words to describe these two groups of people, which we will look at in this lesson.
1. The Bible says, “For the Son of Man is come to seek and to _______ that which was _________. Luke 19:10
A person who is truly lost is in great need of help, so that he can be rescued. He cannot rescue himself. If you have no relationship with God, you are lost, and you cannot rescue yourself!
2. The Bible says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be _________. Romans 10:13
You are lost because you have broken God’s law, and you are in danger of God’s judgment. You need someone to save you! Only Jesus Christ can do that.
3. The Bible says, “Know ye not that the ________________ shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” I Corinthians 6:9-10
Who is unrighteous? These are the people that are not right in the eyes of God.
4. The Bible says, “There is ______ righteous, no not _____.” Romans 3:10
Everyone begins life not being right in the eyes of God, and not having a relationship with God. We are all in trouble because of our sin!
5. The Bible says, “For as by one man’s disobedience many were made _________, so by the obedience of one shall many be made ________” Romans 5:19
Notice that some have a relationship with God because Jesus Christ has made them righteous. There is no one who is born righteous. There is no one who can make himself righteous. Only Jesus Christ is able to make a man right in the eyes of God!
6. The Bible says, “For if when we were ________, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being ___________, we shall be saved by his life.” Romans 5:10
If a man does not have a relationship with God, God has declared him to be His enemy. Do you want to be an enemy of God?
7. The Bible says, “And you that were sometime alienated and _________ in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he _________” Colossians 1:21.
Who is the only one who can reconcile you to God? _________
8. The Bible says, “He that believeth on him is not ___________, but he that believeth not is __________ already, because he hath not ____________ in the name of the only begotten ____ of ____. John 3:18
God knows all about your sin and has already judged you and condemned you to the lake of fire! That is what you deserve because of sin.
9. The Bible says, “Therefore being ___________ by ________, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:1
What does it mean to be justified? A simple way to remember is, just as if I had never sinned.
What is the only way to be justified? ______ ________
10. The Bible says, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all _____, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with ______ and ____________: which is the second _______.” Revelation 21:8
Those who have no relationship with God are described as: lost, unrighteous, enemies, condemned, and they are going to the lake of fire forever when they die!
11. The Bible says, “Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the ____ in the air: and so shall we _____ be with the Lord.” I Thessalonians 4:17
Those who have no relationship with God are described as lost, unrighteous, enemies of God, condemned, and headed for an eternity in hell when they die.
Those who have a relationship with God are described as: saved, righteous, reconciled, justified, and are going to heaven forever when they die.
All people are born in sin and do not have a relationship with God. By themselves, they cannot make themselves right with God. But it is clear from God’s Word that some people do have a relationship with God. How is that possible? We will find the answer to that question in the next lesson.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Type out the following questions and your answers to each question. Then send to:
Summary Questions – Lesson 8
1. According to what you have learned in the drawing on the first page of this lesson, how is every person born into this world?
2. According to what you have learned, which column do you want God to see you in?
3. According to what you have learned, can you make yourself have a relationship with God by living better?
If you have a friend that would like to receive these lessons, send us an email or message to: