Jesus said, “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Matthew 7:13-14
1. For a few minutes study the picture at the beginning of this lesson. You are on one road, either the narrow or the wide. Which road are you on? _____________
2. Which road do you want to be on? _______________
3. In lesson 6 we learned that people are separated from God because of their _____. (Romans 3:23)
4. Some on the wide road will say, “All roads lead to heaven.” But Jesus said there are two roads. One leads to _____________ and the other leads to _____________. (See Matthew 7:13-14)
5. Often someone on the wide road says, “I will go to heaven if I live a good life.” But the Bible says: “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
Check the correct plan for salvation based on these verses.
_____ Good Works = Salvation
_____ Grace + Faith + Good Works = Salvation
_____ Grace + Faith = Salvation
6. On the wide road another will say, “I’ll go with the crowd.” But the Bible says: “And be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” (Romans 12:2)
7. Another says, “Baptism will save me.” But there is no example of this in the Bible. If a person is saved through baptism, why did Jesus die? The following verse from the Bible makes it clear that baptism always comes after a person has already believed. It is not to save you but to show that you have already been saved.
“Then they that gladly received his word were baptized.” Acts 2:4l
8. Often people say, “I will go to heaven if I keep the commandments.”
Read the following verse from the Bible.
“Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” (Galatians 2:16)
In this verse we see that a person is saved through _______ in __________, never by doing what the Law requires. (If you have a New Testament, read Romans 3:20-31.)
9. Another person on the broad road says, “I will trust my church for salvation.” But salvation comes only through __________ in ____________.
10. Another says, “I have much time. Tomorrow perhaps I will receive Christ by faith.” Are you sure you have tomorrow? _______
11. If you are on the wide road, you don’t have to stay on it. Jesus said you are headed for destruction. You may transfer from the wide road to the narrow road. Read John 14:1-6.
12. Unless a person is _______ _________ he cannot enter the narrow road that leads to the kingdom of God. (John 3:3)
13. On the wide road there is a person asking the question, “What must I do to be saved?” Perhaps you are asking the same question. This
question and the answer are found in Acts 16:30-31 (below).
“And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.”
What must you do to have eternal life?
We have looked at all these things before. But we just want to review them to make sure you understand the Bible way of salvation. Notice the follow progression:
1) You must hear the Good News about Jesus. He died to pay for your sins!
2) You must admit that you are a sinner and deserve to go to hell.
3) You must repent of sin. Be sorry enough to turn away from your sinful habits and sinful beliefs.
4) You must believe without a doubt that Jesus will forgive you of all your sins and that He will give you new life.
5) You must invite Jesus to be your Savior and Lord. You do this by praying a simple prayer from your heart directly to God. Confess your sin to Him and ask Him to forgive you and save you from your sin, and to make you a child of God.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Type out the following questions and your answers to each question. Then send to:
Summary Questions – Lesson 7
1. According to what you have learned, what is the ONLY way to get on the narrow road to heaven?
2. Before you did these studies, how was your thinking like those on the broad road?
3. What needs to happen to be born again the Bible way?
4. Where are you at right now in this Road to Life diagram:
A. On the wide road
B. Ready to enter the narrow road
C. On the narrow road
If you have a friend that would like to receive these lessons, send us an email or message to: