If you have not been born again, this lesson will help you to understand what you must do to be born again. If you have been born again it will reaffirm in your mind that your decision was real.
Study the picture of the Bridge of Life very carefully. Then go through these questions, which talk about each part of the Bridge of Life.
1. SIN – John 3: 18 “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not _____________ in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”
We have learned that sin is a universal problem. We ALL have sinned. We have broken God’s law and are guilty.
2. RESULTS OF SIN – Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
The result of sin is _________.
3. DEATH/JUDGMENT – Hebrews 9:27 “It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.” All people have two appointments: _________________ and ___________________.
4. HELL – The final home for those who are not born again.
Jesus said, “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat.” (Matthew 7: 13)
5. LOVE OF GOD – Romans 5:8 “But God commendeth his ______ toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
How did God show His love for us? _________________
6. CHRIST – He is the One who died in our place. “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the ____________________ of God in him.” (2 Corinthians 5:21)
7. Baptism, Good Works, Communion, Keeping the Law: Some will say these are the way to God, but note that they all are short, never reaching to God, never crossing to the other side.
What does the Bible say about this? Romans 10:3: “For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own _________________, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.”
“Not by works of ______________ which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.” (Titus 3:5)
8. FAITH –
We are not saved by our good works, but by faith (believing in Jesus Christ and what He has done for us).
“For by grace are ye saved through ________; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of _______, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
9. REPENTANCE – Acts 3:19
“Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out.” (To repent of sin means to turn away from sin.)
10. BELIEVE – John 5:24
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that ___________ my word, and _________ on him that sent me, _______ ______________ _______, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
11. RECEIVE – In John 1:12 there is another word which means the same as believe. It is _______________.
12. PRAY – Romans 10:13
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
To call upon the name of the Lord means that you will call (pray) to Him, inviting Him into your life as personal Savior and Lord.
In your own words, tell Jesus Christ of your guilt and sorrow for your sins. Acknowledge that hell is what you deserve. Ask the Lord to make you His child, because Jesus died to pay for your sins.
If you have prayed asking Jesus to come into your life as your Savior and Lord, now, out of gratitude, pray from your heart a prayer of thanksgiving such as: “Jesus, thank you for saving me, and for giving me new life. Amen”
You will want to share with a friend what has happened to you. Jesus said, “Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 10:32-33)
Please memorize Ephesians 2:8-9 (number 8 in this lesson).
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Type out the following questions and your answers to each question. Then send to:
Summary Questions Lesson 6
1. According to what you have learned, what is the cause of men’s problem, as shown on the left side of the Bridge of Life?
2. According to what you have learned, why does baptism, good works, keeping the law, and communion not save us from our sins?
3. According to what you have learned, what must be done to receive eternal life?
If you have a friend that would like to receive these lessons, send us an email or message to: