Lesson 5 – The Only Way to Heaven
1. Jesus said, “I am the _________, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but _____ ________.” (John 14:6)
2. Jesus said, “_____ am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved.” (John 10:9)
3. Jesus said to Nicodemus, “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be ____ ____, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3)
4. We have learned that to be born again a person must receive _____ _____ as personal Savior and Lord. (John 1:12)
5. Jesus said, “_____ am the light of the world: he that followeth _____ shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” (John 8:12)
6. Jesus said, “_____ am the resurrection and the life: he that believeth in ____, though he were dead, yet shall he live; and whosoever liveth and __________ in ___ shall never die.” (John 11:25-26)
7. The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is the only way to eternal life and Heaven. Read: John 1:10-12; John 3:36; John 6:29, 40, 47; John 10:28
8. Peter said, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12) From this verse we know that salvation is found only in _____ _______.
9. Did Jesus mention any other mediator between God and man except Himself? (John 14:6) Yes ____ No ____
10. Paul said, “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” (I Timothy 2:5)
11. No one will succeed if he attempts to come to God through any other mediator than Jesus Christ. (John 14:6) True____ False____
12. Therefore we conclude that:
SALVATION is not through
BAPTISM GOOD WORKS COMMUNION
KEEPING THE LAW OR CHURCH MEMBERSHIP
IT IS A GIFT FROM GOD
Paul explained this truth when he said: “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
13. Is eternal life a gift or is it earned by good works? Paul said, “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost.” (Titus 3:5)
Explanation: One does not do good works to be saved, but after one is saved (born again) good works will be the natural result. Good works are fruits of the new life in Jesus Christ.
Important: Before continuing with question number 14, please read again questions 12 and 13.
14. Jesus said that any person who is good enough will receive eternal life. (John 6:47) _____ True _____ False
(Is your answer correct? To be sure, read John 6:47 again.)
15. Is anyone good enough in himself to deserve eternal life? (Yes or No)
16. “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23) God’s gift of eternal life is through _____ ______ .
17. What must a person do to have God’s gift of eternal life?
If you receive Jesus as your Savior and Lord, He will forgive you of your sins and will give you eternal life. The Bible says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
18. But how do I receive Him?
The Bible says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
19. What does it mean to call upon the name of the Lord?
To call on the name of the Lord means to ask Him to forgive your sins and save you from your own sinfulness.
Will you receive the Lord Jesus Christ and His offer of eternal life today?
In your own words, tell Jesus Christ of your guilt and sorrow for your sins. Acknowledge that hell is what you deserve. Ask the Lord to make you His child because Jesus died for your sins! If you pray and really mean it, God will save you now and give you a peace that will never end.
If you are not ready yet, you may want to think about it some more. In our next lesson you will have another opportunity to make this important decision. No one will force you. You are free to say yes or no to Jesus.
If you received Christ (were born again) today, please read John 3:16 and John 5:24. Now pray a prayer of thanksgiving such as: “Jesus, thank you for saving me. Amen.”
20. Before going to the next lesson, memorize John 1:12.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Type out the following questions and your answers to each question. Then send to:
Summary Questions – Lesson 5
1. According to what you have learned, is salvation (being rescued from the penalty of your sin) something YOU do or something done by Jesus Christ?
2. Please explain why you answered question #14 the way that you did.
3. According to what you have learned, what part do you have in being born again?
If you have a friend that would like to receive these lessons, send us an email or message to: