Firm Foundation Bible Study
Lesson 32 – How to Come into a Right Relationship with God.
The wages of sin is death. This death is an eternal separation from God in Hell. Every person born into this world is spiritually dead, separated from God.
But can you come into a right relationship with God when you turn from your sin in repentance and believe on Jesus Christ with all your heart. The Bible calls this being born again.
John 3:3 – “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
Jesus is not speaking about a physical birth. He is speaking about being “born again” spiritually.
Just as there was a specific time in your life when you were born physically into this world, so there must be a specific time in your life when you were born again spiritually.
So, how are you born again spiritually? How do you become a true Christian?
1. You need to realize that you are not just a sinner, but a hell-deserving sinner.
I grew up in a Christian home. I thought I was a Christian because I was baptized, went to church, and was a good person. I knew I was a sinner, but I thought I was good enough to go to Heaven.
One day over 20 years ago, I was in a Bible study and I will never forget how shocked I was to learn from the Bible that I was not a true Christian and that I was on the road to Hell.
That night, I realized I was a hell-deserving sinner. I realized that going to church, being religious, being a good person, and obeying the 10 commandments would not help me get to Heaven.
2. You need to repent of your sin. You need to be willing to turn from your sin and turn to Jesus Christ. If you need to, go back and review lesson 30 on repentance.
3. You must trust in Jesus Christ with all your heart. True faith is not a head-knowledge. It is trusting on Jesus Christ with all your heart. If you need to, go back and review lesson 31 on faith.
4. You must receive Jesus Christ as your Savior.
John 1:12 – “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”
According to this verse, you become a child of God when you receive Jesus Christ.
You are born again when you realize you are a hell-deserving sinner, then in repentance, you turn from your sin and turn to God and believe on Jesus Christ with all your heart to save you from the penalty of your sin and then receive Him into your heart and life.
Only then do you become a true Christian. Only then are you born-again.
Maybe 10 years ago, I was in a taxi car in Bangkok. The driver asked me if I was a Christian. I said yes, and he replied that he is too. I asked him when he became a Christian. He said the he was born a Christian and that his parents were Christian so he is a Christian.
My friend, no one is born a Christian. I was born into a Christian family, but that did not make me a Christian. He is not a true believer. He still needs to be saved the Bible way.
I became a true Christian when I was 23 years old.
When I realized that I was a hell-deserving sinner, I repented of my sin and put my faith in Jesus Christ 100% to save me and I received him into my heart and life.
I know that I will go to Heaven. Not because I am a good person. Not because I go to church. Not because I was baptized.
I will go to Heaven because I responded to the gospel in repentance and faith. I received God’s gift of eternal life. Have you received God’s gift of eternal life?
In order to receive eternal life, you must realize you are a hell-deserving sinner, repent of your sin, trust Jesus Christ with all your heart and receive Him as your Savior.
This is God’s plan to bring you into a right relationship with Him. God has no alternative plan. You must admit your sin problem to Him and come to God, His way.
If you would like to be saved, please contact us and we would be honored to talk to you and answer any questions you may have and help you make this decision.
If it is not convenient to contact us, and if you are ready, you can be saved right now by praying to receive Jesus Christ as your Savior. How do you know if you are ready?
If you know you are not saved, you realize you are a hell-deserving sinner, you are willing to turn from your sin and believe on Jesus Christ with all your heart, then you are ready.
If you are not ready, I recommend you continue to seek God through reading and studying the Bible and praying to God for understanding.
If you have any questions, please message us. We would be happy to point you to a Bible answer.
If you would like to pray for salvation and receive Jesus Christ right now, you can pray the prayer below or you can pray to God in your own words.
“Dear Heavenly Father, I know that I am a hell-bound, hell-deserving sinner. I know there is nothing I can do to save myself from the penalty of my sin. I am willing to turn from my sin in repentance and trust in what Jesus Christ did on the cross to pay for my sins. I believe Jesus died on the cross, He was buried, and three days later, He rose from dead. I now am trusting Jesus Christ with all my heart. Please forgive me of all my sin and save me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
If you prayed that prayer, you just became a Christian. You are a new believer. Will you message us and let us know so that we can rejoice with you?
You should pray to God and read your Bible every day. If you do not have a Bible, let us know and we will send you one for free.
You should also find a church that teaches the gospel so that you can grow in your faith. If you need help finding a church, please let us know and we can help you find a church in your area.
We also have free Bible studies to help believers grow in their faith. If you would like one of these Bible studies, please message us and we will send them to you, free of charge.
If you are not saved, but would like to know more about how to come into a right relationship with God, please message us.
Please answer the following questions and send them to us by Email, Facebook Messenger, or WhatsApp. If you pass, we will send you a link to the next lesson tomorrow. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Questions Lesson 32
1. According to the Bible, what needs to happen for you to come into a right relationship with God and be born again (saved) so that you will go to Heaven?
2. According to the Bible, if you were born to Christian parents or have “Christian” on your birth certificate, but you were not born-again the Bible way, God will still let you go to heaven.
3. According to the Bible, if you try to do your very best to be a good person, but are not born-again the Bible way, God will still let you go to heaven.
4. According to the Bible, if you are baptized, but not born-again the Bible way, God will still let you go to heaven.
5. According to the Bible, if you want to be saved from the punishment of your sin and go to Heaven, you must be baptized.
6. According to the Bible, for those who do not believe in Jesus Christ, God has other ways for them to get to Heaven.
7. According to the Bible, the only way for you to go to Heaven is to realize you are a hell-deserving sinner. Then in repentance, you turn from your sin and turn to Jesus Christ and believe on Him with all your heart to save you from the penalty of your sin and then receive Him into your heart.
If you have a friend that would like to receive these lessons, send us an email or message to: