Firm Foundation Bible Study
Lesson 23 – Where do the different races come from?
There are many different colors of skin in the world. Some are white; some black; some brown; some red. In this lesson, we will learn where the different races of people came from.
Genesis 3:20 – “And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.”
Adam named his wife Eve. What does Eve mean? The name Eve means living. He gave her the name “living” because she is the mother of all living people.
First, we see this is a statement of fact. We use the term human race, singular, not human races, plural. It does not matter the color of your skin; we all come from the human race.
Every person goes back to our common mother, Eve, and our common father, Adam. There is no other source of the human race. All living people came from Eve.
Evolution teaches that man came from animals. But God says that all people came from Eve. Who do you choose to believe? As for me, I choose to believe God.
There is one human race all men come from. We are all common descendants of Adam and Eve. That means we are all related to one another. That is a Bible fact.
Second, we see that Adam made this statement by faith. God just finished telling Adam and Eve the consequences of their sin.
God said that He was going to send a Savior into the world to fix man’s sin problem and make a way for man to have a relationship with God. God was talking about the Lord Jesus Christ.
Adam did not name his wife, Death. He named his wife Eve meaning “Living”, because he believed what God said about the coming Savior.
Adam believed that the Savior would bring life and therefore knew that his wife would then be the mother of all the living people. So, he named her Eve.
Adam desired every one of his descendants to come to know the life that only God can give. That life can only be found in the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
This statement of faith for Adam was a statement of believing God. Likewise, we must also believe God’s word if we are to come into a right relationship with Him.
Please answer the following questions and send them to us by Email, Facebook Messenger, or WhatsApp. If you pass, we will send you a link to the next lesson tomorrow. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Questions Lesson 23
1. According to Genesis 3:20, what name did Adam give his wife? ________
2. According to the lesson, what does this name mean? _________
3. According to the Bible, how many human races are there? ________
4. According to the Bible, every person goes back to our common mother, Eve.
5. According to the Bible, every living person comes from nature.
6. According to the Bible, man came from animals.
7. According to the Bible, Adam believed God’s promise that he was going to send a Savior.
8. According to the Bible, Adam believed that the Savior would bring _________
9. According to the Bible, Adam desired every one of his descendants to come to know the life that only God can give.
10. According to the Bible, we must believe God’s word if we are to come into a right relationship with God.
If you have a friend that would like to receive these lessons, send us an email or message to: